Virtual Mojo and the Value of Online Friendships

Without going into TMI detail, between December 2014 and May 2015 I experienced a set of symptoms that individually and collectively don't indicate much of anything good. However, they came and went, so I . . .

Ignored them.

Convinced myself I was imagining them. That it was nothing. Well, when I finally got myself to the doc for a routine check-up and described this suite of bodily occurrences, the vertical line between kindly Doc Allen's brows got deeper and deeper. His response was simple, "You see nothing. I see cancer."

This kicked off a whirlwind of three weeks of tests. Some of them the most agonizing and humiliating experiences of my half-century on this mortal plane. After tests, more tests, re-tests, specialized tests, some out-patient surgery, and tests to verify the tests when the original tests showed anomalies, I can say that the all-clear bell finally rang. However, had I waited another six months, the answer could have been different.

But, enough of that. One of the procedures left me really emotionally and physically sacked. I was about as low as I could go. Throbby, Whiny, Hurty, Fraidy, and all the other dwarfs that didn't make the cut. So, I pulled up a stool at the virtual coffee shop that never closes and sent out a vague-book message asking for good thoughts, strength, and some good mojo.

The response was overwhelming and gave me the traction I needed to get myself back again. If anyone tells you that virtual support, friends, and fellowship isn't real, you are allowed to thunderpunch them. Some critics, in an attempt to gain attention for their ennui and irony, say that vague-booking is just an attempt to get attention.

Hell, yes, that's exactly what it is. A pebble into the pond for help. An, "I am really scared and hurt right now and need to connect." Sometimes online fellowship is even better. Both sides can engage and pull back as they need to, you can't do that on the phone. You don't have the real space pressure of being a hostess when all you want to do is cry and you can revisit the messages as they trickle in when you need a bit more bolstering.

If you ever hesitate to drop a "like" or a comment on a post about an illness or a loss or a cry in the wilderness, don't. It can be a golden lifeline.

Also, I'm pleased to say, y'all sent me so much good mojo, that I was able to fill several sticker books and order from the prize catalog. THANK YOU! (Seriously everyone, thank you.)

From the bottomless kitsch collection of Terri Lynn Coop

Comments

Unknown said…
You, too? You're a wisened ol geek, too? Far-out, miss geek (i feel like that loser on Animal House which I but am, my just and worthy liege). But, nay, nay! cried Monty Python (another cool geek), this is only our existence finite! Kick-ass!! Lemme tella youse how I found-out bout THAT at a reeeeelly young age...

Lemme give you a kaleidoscope-abundance-access while I accelerate the maximum and fill-you-up withe delicious, efficacious epiphany, the avant-gardness and necessary wisdom to achieve Heaven, girl, if ya desire Heaven (many DON'T, preferring to stay 'laissez-faire' [i dont care] till death - the only other realm is one which you wont feel too cool).

If 'freedom lies in being bold' (Robert Frost), doesn't pushing-the-envelope also result in the Elysian Fields of Utopia? And if I'm the sower, we plant the Seed; if I'm an artist, we RITE the symphonies heard Upstairs ☆IF☆ we accept His lead withe orchestra...

Wanna find-out the fax, Jak, in a wurld fulla the 'power of cowards'? Wanna wiseabove to help a poor 'Plethora Of Wurdz' [POW!] which are look'n for a new home in thy novelty?? Yay!

Q: But [gulp] can anyone tell me the difference between K2/IQ? A: Nthn. In Heaven, we gitt'm both HA! Need a few more thots, ideers, wild wurdz (whoa, Nelly! easy, girl!) or ironclad iconoclasms?

VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI (Latin: words to [the] wise): As an ex-writer of the sassy, savvy, schizophenia we all go thro in this lifelong demise, I wanna help U.S. git past beavisNbutthed, o'er-the-Hillary, whorizontal more!ass! we're in and wiseabove to 'in fine sine fine' (Latin: in [the] End without End -Saint Augustine).

"This finite existence is only a test, son," God Almighty told me in my coma. "Far beyond thy earthly tempest you'll find tangible, corpulent eloquence". Lemme tella youse without d'New Joisey accent...

I actually saw Seventh-Heaven when we died: you couldn't GET!! any moe curly, party-hardy-endorphins, low-hanging-fruit of the Celestial Paradise, extravagantly-surplus-lush Upstairs (awww! baby kitties, too!!) when my beautifull, brilliant, bombastic girly passed-away due to those wry, sardonic satires...

"Those who are wise will shine as brightly as the expanse of the Heavens, and those who have instructed many in uprightousness as bright as stars for all eternity" -Daniel 12:3, NJB

Here's also what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

Go gitt'm, girly. You're incredible. You're indelible. Cya Upstairs. I won't be joining'm in the nasty Abyss where Isis prowls
thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com
infowars.com
JohnLeary.com
-YOUTHwitheTRUTH
-------------------------------
God blessa youse
(trustNjesus)
-Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL
☆refuse2Bindifferent☆